Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Back from Vac!


Spent a week in the South Haven area of Michigan just beach bumming and hiking. Weather was great but as always one of the best things about travelling is coming home. We really like the southwestern area of Michigan, and would even consider relocating. If we could find a good confessional church with Lutheran dayschool in the area that would probably seal it, job wise it should not be a problem, only requiring timing. It's something that I am seriously kicking around.
While we were in the area we worshipped at Lord of Life in Holland. It's an ELS church with a smallish congregation, but everyone was friendly and loving to us. Who says confessional churches arn't outgoing, the folks at Lord of Life certainly can prove that wrong. From the moment we pulled into the driveway to the time we left people were reaching out to us and making us feel welcome. I pray that God blesses them richly.

As for our churches change of mission statement it evidently passed. I'm mostly ambivalent about it. Thanks to virginialutheran and Old School for the comments.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erich Heidenreich, DDS said...

Since your profile doesn't provide an e-mail for you, let me make a personal comment here. I think we may have a lot in common, being Michiganders, Lutheran bloggers, and having six kids! I checked out your blog after you commented on LutheransandContraception, and it sure seems we share a lot of beliefs. I'd love to talk more. Please send me an e-mail... dentist@cablespeed.com.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home