Sunday, February 26, 2006

Spare time has been in short supply lately, I will try to add a few thoughts if for no other reason than to consolidate them for myself. Today was terrible, we recieved news that a loved family of the congregation had suffered a terrible loss of son, daughter-in-law, and grandaughter in a car accident. They had been active in our school and their passing has wounded everyone. God have mercy.
Upon entering the church I realized that I didn't much feel like singing out with joy, rather God felt very much like the tyrant. The sermon that followed still discussed the need for us to change and reach out to others, not be caught in complacency.
Another, comment in the sermon that bothered me was "In order for us to stay commited to Christ we must accept the holy spirit into our hearts." At that time my heart was rather weary and not particularly interested in shining forth. I realized that by the Grace of God, my salvation is not dependant on my hearts current state. No matter the message given of my need for a decision to accept the Spirit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home