Friday, February 17, 2006

Febuary 17, 2006

Introduction

Whey - A milk derived fluid of little nutritional value.
Lay - Of the laity.

The name just seemed appropriate on several levels. I am very much a layman, and feel like all that is offered in my congregation is milk for the visitor with no meat for those wishing to grow in knowledge of the Lutheran confessions and faith. To be set upon by someone laying in wait seems to fit at times also.

About me, a Lutheran layman who desires the traditions and faith practices of the past. Knowing what one wants and knowing how to get it are two different things. My family and I joined an LCMS church six years ago and know we want to raise our family in the richness of the past traditions and practices. That can be a hard thing to get anymore. I have really enjoyed the blogs posted by the many Confessional Lutheran and seminary student sites, truelly a blessing, and beining able to take part on the discussions occasionally was my prime motivator. My theology and doctrinal knowledge is limited to what I can read, so any mistakes I may make on this blog that are pointed out by others will be appreciated. Discussions will be mainly in regards to Lutheran issues, but I reserve the right to allow the topic to wander to other areas of interest to me, history, religion, and pro family topics, among a few.
Comments should have at least the same decorum that a reasonable genteel person would use in public. Having been a sailor, foul language as such does not shock me, so you would only be waisting your keystrokes.
Regarding the current state of worship in Missouri,
I want a steak, but the only thing on the menu is skim milk, served tepid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home